Excavation of five trenches totalling 190 sq m at intervals along a 1km stretch of a modern road, Watling Street, Cobham, west of Rochester, Kent, in 1998, was commissioned by Union Railways (South) Limited and carried out by the Museum of London Archaeology Service. A post-medieval park pale or substantial ha-ha was found. Very scant remains of buildings were found, documented as dog kennels (later poultry yards) erected at the time of landscaping of Cobham Park by Humphrey Repton c 1790. There was no obvious sign of any road earlier than the existing road.
This is a metadata only record.